25 September 2015

I'm going to the Holy Land.

Happy eid to all brothers and sisters. 

Eid al adha reminds me of two things. The most important historical event in which Abraham had to sacrifice his son Ismail and the hajj pilgrimage.

Due to some issues, I did not go back to my hometown to celebrate the feast of sacrifice with family this year. 

In the morning of eid, after fajr prayer, I got ready and wore a baju melayu with kit. Went to the albukhary mosque and joined the crowds to perform the eid prayer.

The sermon was rather emotional. The imam reminded us about the story of Abraham & the journey of hajj. 

I was there at the Holy Land earlier this year performing umrah. And the sermon made me missed the place more than ever. 

Tears in the eyes. And it's not just me. Everyone else looked touched as well. 

There was a sudden surge of motivation to go to work, to make money for the purpose of going for the hajj and nothing else. Just enough that I can bring my parents as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment